Largely lost among all the hoopla and excitement over SpaceShipTwo’s first powered flight, Virgin Galactic’s educational initiative, Virgin Unite, announced the release lesson plans and resources “pitched” at impressionable students ages 5-18:
Virgin Galactic and Galactic Unite announce the first of their lesson plans and resources!
These aim to engage and inspire educators and students around Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo test flight milestones. You can now download free lesson plans, activities and resources below, which are pitched at students aged 5-18. Teachers can use these to enhance technology and engineering lessons, as well as help develop aerospace career paths for students around the world. We hope this encourages many more fledgling rocket scientists out there to reach for the stars!
The material includes:
- Lesson Plan #1: Paper Airplane Designs for Safe Landing
- Lesson Plan #2: WhiteKnightTwo
- Lesson Plan #3: The Design and Test Flight Milestones of SpaceShipTwo
- Lesson Plan #4: Careers in Aerospace
- Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight Lesson Plans Student Survey
Learn more here.