WASHINGTON, D.C. (House Science Committee PR) – On Wednesday, the House Subcommittee on Space held a hearing titled, “Charting a Course: Expert Perspectives on NASA’s Human Exploration Proposals.” Witnesses shared their viewpoints on NASA’s human space exploration plans – including a human mission to Mars – and the challenge of keeping programs on track through changing presidential administrations.
1. SPECIAL TIME: Monday, June 16,2014: 7-8:30 PM PDT (10-11:30 PM EDT, 9-10:30 PM CDT): DOUG MESSIER of www.parabolicarc.com returns for Virgin Galactic and space news updates with us.
2. Tuesday, June 17, 2014:, 7-8:30 PM PDT (10-11:30 PM EDT, 9-10:30 PM CDT): We welcome both AARON OSTERLE & SARA JENNINGS to discuss the upcoming NewSpace 2014 Conference with us. Please see https://newspace.spacefrontier.org for more information on the conference event.
3. SPECIAL SHOW AND TIME: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 2-3:30 PM PDT (5-6:30 PM EDT; 4-5:30 PM CDT): We welcome back DR. PAUL SPUDIS who will discuss his perspectives regarding the NRC Human Spaceflight Study. For more information, visit Paul’s blog at www.spudislunarresources.com/blog. NOTE THAT THIS SHOW WILL ARCHIVE ON FRIDAY DUE TO MY TRAVEL SCHEDULE. WHEN YOU SEE IT ON TSS WEBSITE AND BLOG ON FRIDAY, JUNE 20, IT WILL BE READY FOR PLAY.
4. Sunday, June 22, 2014, 12-1:30 PM PDT (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT). There will be no show today due to my travel schedule.
Monday, October 13, 2012, 2-3:30 PM PDT (5-6:30 PM EDT, 4-5:30 PM CDT): We welcome back WAYNE WHITE, space attorney. Wayne will be discussing new approaches to space property right, debris mitigation, and more.
2. Tuesday, October 16 , 2012, 7-8:30 PM PDT (10-11:30 PM EDT, 9-10:30 PM CDT): We welcome you to the first ever Space Show audition/try-out program for being a guest on the program. If you want to be a guest on the program, give us a call and your best ten minute presentation to convince us to do a full Space Show with you on your specific topic or project.
CLASSROOM: 3. Friday, October 19, 2012, 9:30-11 AM PDT (11:30- 1 PM CDT, 12:30PM-2:00 PM EDT): We welcome DRS. PAUL SPUDIS & JIM VEDDA to this special Classroom discussion regarding Cislunar space development and the importance of doing so at this time. As is the case with all Classroom format programs, listener questions should be succinct and to the point. They need to be appropriate to our discussion.
4. Sunday, October 21, 2012, 12-1:30 PM PDT (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT). We welcome DR. ERIK SEEDHOUSE who will discuss his new book, “Astronauts For Hire: The Emergence of a Commercial Astronaut Corps.”
Presentation at the National Space Society International Space Development Conference, May 20, 2011, by Dr. Paul Spudis of the Lunar and Planetary Institute. Spudis was given the 2011 NSS Space Pioneer Award in the Scientific and Engineering category for his paper on “Mission and Implementation of an Affordable Lunar Return.”
Monday, March 28, 2011 , 2-3:30 PM PDT. We welcome Dennis Chamberland of Atlantica Expeditions to the show.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 7-8:30 PM PDT: The first part of this program features our friend Dave Ketchledge speaking fact not fear, not fiction about nuclear power and radiation as Dave is in the industry and was a Naval sub nuclear expert. He has been a guest on many Space Show programs regarding nuclear power in space, rockets, engineering, and propulsion. In our remaining time, we will go to Open Lines.
Friday, April 1, 2011 , 9:30-11 AM PDT: We welcome back Taylor Dinerman to help us understand the role of nuclear power in our economy and throughout the world, plus important updates regarding space news, DOD issues, etc.
Sunday, April 3, 2011, 12-1:30 PM PDT. We welcome back Dr. Paul Spudis regarding his new Apogee book, “Blogging The Moon: The Once and Future Moon Collection.”
Monday, January 10, 2011 , 2-3:30 PM PST. We welcome Dr. George Sowers, vice president of Business Development for United Launch Alliance (ULA). In this role, Sowers is responsible for strategic planning, advanced technology development, advanced concept development and new business acquisition efforts. Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 7-8:30 PM PST: We welcome back well known author Mary Roach to the show. For this program, we will be discussing her best selling book, “Stiff.” Mary also relates parts of this book to space issues.
Friday, January 14, 2011 , 9:30-11 AM PST: We welcome Dr. John Lewis to the program. John S. Lewis is Professor Emeritus of Planetary Sciences and Co-Director of the Space Engineering Research Center at the University of Arizona. He is a regular commentator on Chinese civil space missions on China Central Television CCTV9, Including the Shenzhou 6 & 7 manned missions and the Chang’e 1 & 2 lunar missions. Dr. Lewis is the author of the best selling book, “Mining the Sky: Untold Riches from the Asteroids, Comets, and Planets.”
Sunday, January 16, 2011, 12-1:30 PM PST: We welcome back Dr. Paul Spudis and Dr. Tony Lavoie to discuss their recent paper, “Mission and Implementation of an Affordable Lunar Return.”
A video of the â€œMoon, Mars, Asteroids: Where to Go First for Resources?â€ panel discussion held duringÂ the Space Studies Institute’s Space Manufacturing 14 conference in Silicon Valley. Moderated by tech investor Esther Dyson, the discussion included:
Prof. Mike Aâ€™Hearn, University of Maryland, Dept. of Astronomy