Andaaz TV host Sarika Batra talks about the future of space with Virgin Galactic’s George Whitesides, XCOR’s Jeff Greason, and Moon Express’ Bob Richards and Naveen Jain. And there’s a segment on UFOs.
Tag: Naveen Jain
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 24, 2012 (ME PR) – Moon Express, a Google Lunar X PRIZE contender, announced today that some of the world’s leading planetary scientists have joined its Science Advisory Board (SAB) to assist the company in its plans to explore and ultimately mine the Moon for precious planetary resources.
Moon Express Chief Scientist and former NASA Associate Administrator in charge of all the Agency’s science, Dr. Alan Stern, selected the advisory board of internationally recognized leaders within the lunar science community. The Moon Express SAB includes:
- Dr. Jack Burns/University of Colorado: NASA Lunar Science Institute (NSLI) Node PI, Astronomer & former Chair of the NASA Advisory Council’s Science Committee
- Dr. Randy Korotev/Washington University: Lunar Geochemist
- Dr. Steve Mackwell/LPI: Head, Lunar and PIanetary Institute (LPI)
- Dr. Wendell Mendell/LPI: Lunar Generalist, Exploration Expert & former Chief, NASA Office for Lunar & Planetary Exploration for Constellation
- Dr. Clive Neal/U. of Notre Dame: Chair, NASA Lunar Exploration Advisory Group
Bob Richards’ lunar startup, Moon Express, emerged from five months in stealth mode on Monday to announce the involvement of two — count ‘em, two — prominent Silicon Valley entrepreneurs in its effort to win the Google Lunar X Prize.
Naveen Jain announced during the annualExplorers Clube Awards Dinner in New York that he co-founded Moon Express with Richards and serves as the chairman of Moon Express. In a separate announcement, the California-based comp;any also revealed that Barney Pell is Barney Pell will serve as co-founder, vice-chairman and chief technology officer.