1. Monday, May 5, 2014, 2-3:30 PM PDT(5-6:30 PM EDT, 4-5:30 PM CDT): We welcome MICHAEL LISTNER, ATTY who will be explaining the recent SpaceX lawsuit & other space legal issues in the news..
2. Tuesday, May 6, 2014:, 7-8:30 PM PDT (10-11:30 PM EDT, 9-10:30 PM CDT): ROBERT (BOB) ZIMMERMAY returns for a special program on the Russian-NASA space tension we are hearing about on a daily basis.
3. Friday, May 9 2014, 9:30 AM-11 AM PDT (12:30-2 PM EDT; 11:30 AM-1 PM CDT): We welcome back DR. JOHN JURIST to discuss the significance of our human spaceflight program and its contributions to modern medicine & quality of life here and around the world. .
4. Sunday, May 11 2014, 12-1:30 PM PDT (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT). NO SHOW TODAY IN HONOR OF MOTHER’S DAY. HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO ALL.
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: NO SHOWS TODAY DUE TO MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE. I suggest listening to an archived oldie of your choice and share your perspective on the subject with us during our special Open Lines program on Sunday, April 27. For details, see the Sunday, April 27 program description.
Sunday, April 27, 2014, 12-1:30 PM PDT (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT). A special OPEN LINES program is planned for today. During the week, listen to golden oldies programs of your choice and see if you can compare what we were doing in space at the time of the oldie show to today. Call our OL show and tell us what archived program(s) you listened to and share your perspectives with us.
In addition, Al Jazeera America ran a 30 minute quasi documentary on space development and exploration Easter weekend. They may archive the video from their series Faultline. Many well known space experts and advocated were interviewed. If you see it, please call and give us your take on program. I will hold my comments until air time. Check the website newsletter www.thespaceshow.com/newsletterfinal.htm Sunday entry for more details on this program and confirmation that I will be able to do it as planned. I will post a status report about this program on Friday, April 25.
1. Monday, March 31, 2014, 2-3:30 PM PDT(5-6:30 PM EDT, 4-5:30 PM CDT): We welcome PATRICK RITCHIE to discuss the space & STEM aspects of the SXSW event recently held in Austin, TX. Visit the event website for an overview prior to our Monday discussion: http://sxsw.com.
2. Tuesday, April 1, 2014:, 7-8:30 PM PDT (10-11:30 PM EDT, 9-10:30 PM CDT): We welcome KEVIN HEATH President and CEO of Waypoint 2 Space, the new space & astronaut training center near JSC.
3. Friday, April 4, 2014, 9:30-11 AM PDT (12:30-2 PM EDT; 11:30 AM-1 PM CDT): We welcome back DWIGHT STEVEN-BONIECKI regarding his new book, “Live TV From The Moon.” .
4. Sunday, April 6, 2014, 12-1:30 PM PDT (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT). We welcome DR. BEHROKH KHOSHNEVIS to discuss contour crafting. Be sure to visit his website prior to the show at www.craft-usc.com.
2. Tuesday, March 17, 2014:, 7-8:30 PM PDT (10-11:30 PM EDT, 9-10:30 PM CDT): We welcome Jeff Smith to tell us about the Space Expedition Corp (Spacexc.com) event at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles which he recently attended.
3. Friday, March 21, 2014, 9:30-11 AM PDT (12:30-2 PM EDT; 11:30 AM-1 PM CDT): We welcome back GWYNNE SHOTWELL, president and chief operating officer of SpaceX. Ms. Shotwell is with us for only the first hour. Please, one question/comment per listener & emails & phone calls must be short.
4. Sunday, March 23, 2014, 12-1:30 PM PDT (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT). We welcome ANTHONY YOUNG regarding his Space Review articles on returning to the Moon, SLS, his book, “The Saturn V F-1 Engine” and much more.
1. Monday, March 3, 2014, 2-3:30 PM PST (5-6:30 PM EST, 4-5:30 PM CST): We welcome back DR. JEFF BELL. Dr. Bell will give us his assessment of space projects and ideas.
2. Tuesday, March 4, 2014:, 7-8:30 PM PST (10-11:30 PM EST, 9-10:30 PM CST): OPEN LINES. This is going to be the only Open Lines show for March. All STEM and Space calls welcome along with first time callers.
3. Friday, March 7, 2014, 9:30-11 AM PST (12:30-2 PM EST; 11:30 AM-1 PM CST): We welcome back DRAGOS BRATASANU to discuss why aerospace & aviation projects fail & why we fail in the management of these projects. Check The Space Show blog in advance of this program as Dragos is gifting to us a free chapter in his book on this subject. I will have the chapter uploaded to the blog on Thursday.
4. Sunday, March 9, 2014, 12-1:30 PM PST (3-4:30 PM EST, 2-3:30 PM CST). DR. GIL LEVIN returns to discuss the latest news with his Mars Viking Lander Labeled Release experiments and searching for some sort of life on Mars.
I will be a guest on The John Batchelor Show this evening on a segment called Hotel Mars from 9:30 – 9:45 p.m. EST (6:30 – 6:45 p.m. PST).
I’ll be talking with John and David Livingston, host of The Space Show, about Sir Richard Branson’s claims that he and his family will be flying into space by the end of this year. We’ll discuss whether SpaceShipTwo will be ready by then, and whether they can actually get all the way to space in it.
1. Monday, Feb. 24, 2-3:30 PM PST (4-5:30 PM CST, 5-6:30 PM EST) : We welcome back DR. MADHU THANGAVELU. Dr. Thangavelu will be telling us about his latest USC student team design projects for innovative space development.
2. Tuesday, Feb. 25, , 2014; 7-8:30 PM PST (9-10:30 PM CST, 10-11:30 PM EST) : We welcome back ALAN BOYLE of Cosmic Log and MSNBC to update us on space news and stories of interest.
3. Friday, Feb. 28, 2014, 9:30-11 AM PST (12:30-2 PM EST; 11:30 AM-1 PM CST): We welcome back STEPHEN MURPHEY do discuss his Do It Yourself Space Exploration (DIY), an organization dedicated to showcasing the “Do it yourself” space revolution.
4. The Sunday, March 2, 2014 program from 12-1:30 PM PST, (3-4:30 PM EST, 2-3:30 PM CST): A special program is being planned for this date but we are still waiting on the confirmation of one of the key participants. More about this particular program later.
My appearance on The Space Show with David Livingston last night has now been archived online. We talked about Virgin Galactic, Google, XCOR and a host of other topics. Charles Lurio of The Lurio Report also called in. So, it was fun.
The show is now archived as follows:
1. www.thespaceshow.com. Scroll down to the archives in the lower half of the page. Your show is currently the first one listed but it will move down a space with each show added.
2. http://thespaceshow.wordpress.com. This is The Space Show blog. Here, listeners can ask questions, post comments, etc. So can the guest. If there are interest posts on the blog, I will be sure to call them to your attention. Like the website, your program will move down a page with each new program archived on the blog.
I will be talking with Dr. David Livingston on The Show Space this Tuesday evening from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. PST (10:00 to 11:30 p.m. EST). I’m expecting a wide ranging discussion about space tourism, Virgin Galactic, XCOR and all the activities here in Mojave. I also will talk about Google’s plan to launch a broadband satellite constellation of more than 1,000 satellites.
Tune in to the live webcast on Tuesday at www.thespaceshow.com or listen to the archived show later in the week.
The Space Show schedule for the week:
1. Monday, Feb. 17, 2014, 2-3:30 PM PST (5-6:30 PM EST, 4-5:30 PM CST): We welcome back DR. CURT BILBY CEO of Terapio with updates on RLIP 76 for radiation exposure.
2. Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014:, 7-8:30 PM PST (10-11:30 PM EST, 9-10:30 PM CST): We welcome back DOUG MESSIER of Parabolicarc.com for space news reports and updates.
3. Friday, Feb. 21, 2014, 9:30-11 AM PST (12:30-2 PM EST; 11:30 AM-1 PM CST): We welcome back LIZ KENNICK for a very special report on Teachers In Space and some important news regarding this fine organization.
4. Sunday, February 23, 2014, 12-1:30 PM PST (3-4:30 PM EST, 2-3:30 PM CST). OPEN LINES. All callers welcome dealing with space, STEM, and related topics. We especially want first time callers, new callers.
1. Monday, Jan. 27, 2014, 2-3:30 PM PST (5-6:30 PM EST, 4-5:30 PM CST): We welcome back Rick Boozer who will update us on his book from last year, “The Plundering of NASA,” his suggestions for programs other than SLS, and his work with the Space Development Steering Committee.
2. Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2014:, 7-8:30 PM PST (10-11:30 PM EST, 9-10:30 PM CST): We welcome CHUCK McMURRAY of the Mars Society to talk about the Youth Rover Challenge and other innovative programs.
3. Friday, January 24, 2014, 9:30-11 AM PST (12:30-2 PM EST; 11:30 AM-1 PM CST): We welcome DR. DAVA NEWMAN, MIT Professor, to talk with us about her biosuit project.
4. Sunday, February 2, 2014, 12-1:30 PM PST (3-4:30 PM EST, 2-3:30 PM CST). OPEN LINES. First time callers are welcome, all call welcome dealing with space, STEM, and science.
1. Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, 2-3:30 PM PST (5-6:30 PM EST, 4-5:30 PM CST): This is our final Golden Oldie Year In Review focusing on the year 2012 with TOM OLSON as the guest. This program was originally recorded on Dec. 31, 2012. When you see the program on the archives and the blog, it is ready for your play and enjoyment.
2. Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013, 7-8:30 PM PST (10-11:30 PM EST, 9-10:30 PM CST): Today’s program is the space year 2013 in review with TOM OLSON. We recorded this interview on Dec. 19, 2013. This program completes our historical look at space industry developments and predictions over the past decade.
3. Friday, January 3, 2014, 9:30-11 AM No show as I am returning from New York.
4. Sunday, January 5, 2014, 12-1:30 PM PST (3-4:30 PM EST, 2-3:30 PM CST). We welcome to the show DR. WILLIAM HALAL to discuss space industry predictions and more.