MOSCOW (Roscosmos PR) — The Interdepartmental Commission (IAC) for the selection of cosmonauts and their appointment to the crews of manned spacecraft and stations within the framework of an open competition for the selection of candidates for cosmonauts of the Russian Federation (the competition started in 2019) decided to recommend the FSBI “Research Institute of the CTC named after Yu.A. Gagarin” appoint four people to the positions of test cosmonaut candidates of the Roscosmos Cosmonaut Corps. The decision came into force on January 27, 2021.
The cosmonaut profession will be mastered by Sergey Irtuganov, Alexander Kolyabin, Sergey Teteryatnikov and Harutyun Kiviryan. In the near future they will start studying the General Space Training (GST) course, which will take place over two years.
The campaign for a new selection of astronauts began on June 3, 2019. Then the MVK decided to hold a competition to select candidates for the cosmonaut corps of Roscosmos. The purpose of the selection is to select the best specialists who will work in order to ensure the implementation of the Federal Space Program of Russia.
All contestants had to go through several stages:
- Selection for compliance with the requirements for education and professional suitability;
- complex of medical examinations;
- a set of measures to assess the psychological qualities of applicants;
- testing for compliance with physical fitness requirements.
Roscosmos State Corporation congratulates on passing the selection!
Irtuganov Sergey Georgievich
Born on August 10, 1988 in Ulyanovsk.
- In 2010 he graduated with honors from the Ulyanovsk Higher Aviation School of Civil Aviation (institute) with a degree in Safety of Technological Processes and Production, specialization in Search and Rescue Operations in Civil Aviation and received the qualification of an engineer.
- From 2007 to 2010 he was trained at the military department of the VUS “Shturman IL-76”, upon graduation he was awarded the rank of lieutenant.
Kolyabin Alexander Sergeevich
Born on January 12, 1987 in Protvino, Moscow Region.
- In 2009 he graduated from the Krasnodar Military Aviation Institute named after A.K. Serov (Higher Military Aviation School of Pilots (Military Institute)).
Teteryatnikov Sergey Alexandrovich
Born December 19, 1988 in the village. Uspekhovka Mineralvodovsky district of Stavropol Territory.
- In 2011 graduated from the Naval Engineering Institute (VMII), faculty “Operation of steam gas turbine power plants”
Kiviryan Harutyun Harutyunovich
Born on August 23, 1993 in the city of Maikop, Republic of Adygea.
- In 2015 he graduated from the Baltic State Technical University “VOENMEH” named after D.F. Ustinov, was awarded the qualification “engineer” in the specialty “Rocket Engineering”.
- From 2012 to 2015, he was trained at the military department on VUS “Operation and repair of ship complexes of cruise missiles”, upon completion he was awarded the rank of lieutenant.
- In 2019, he studied at GAPOU “Technical School named after S.P. Queen “, specializing in” operator of machine tools with program control “after graduation was awarded the qualification” Operator of machine tools with programmed control of the 4th category. “