Tokyo (Space BD PR) — Space BD Inc., the leading space startup in Japan that provides access to space using the International Space Station (ISS) Japanese Experiment Module “Kibo” and rideshares on Japan’s flagship launch vehicle “H3”, announces that it successfully completed the installation process of SATLANTIS MICROSAT S.L.’s Integrated Standard Imager for Microsatellites (iSIM) on IVA-Replaceable Small Exposed Experiment Platform (i-SEEP), the external platform attached outside of Kibo.
Upon this installation, a commemorative event was held online with the following participants from Japan, Europe, and the United States, including His Majesty, King Felipe VI of Spain. After the attaching iSIM to the i-SEEP inside of Kibo on June 9th JST, His Majesty, the King Felipe VI, and the NASA astronaut Chris Cassidy had a conversation moderated by Japanese ex-astronaut Chiaki Mukai.
Participants at commemorative event
- Toshi Fujiwara: Senior Executive Vice President, NTT DATA
- Daniel Calleja: Director General for Environment. European Commission
- James W. Morhard: NASA Deputy Administrator
- Masatoshi Nagasaki: Co-Founder & CEO Space BD
- Luigi Pasquali: CEO TELESPAZIO GROUP
- David Norton: Vice President for Research, University of Florida
- Teresa Ribera: Vice President of the Spanish Government for Ecological Transition
- Arantxa Tapia: Basque Regional Minister of Economic Development & Infrastructures
- Koichi Wakata: Astronaut & Senior Advisor at JAXA
- Alphabetize by Last Name
The video of the commemorative event is available here.
To note, this is the first non-Japanese technology that will be installed on the i-SEEP. Space BD continues to support communication and operation work toward the success of this project mission.
About Space BD
Space BD delivers the optimum plan to transport things to Space for customers aiming to launch satellites or perform experiments in the space environment. The company provides one-stop support for all matters right from technical coordination to execution and operations support. Furthermore, Space BD has expertise in new business and project creation to explore new possibilities of space utilization and open up Space to industry sectors. Since its founding in 2017, Space BD has been actively pursuing its mission of accelerate the industrialization of Space. In December 2019, Space BD was once again selected by JAXA as the official rideshare launch provider using Japan’s flagship launch vehicle, H3. The company will continue to maximize the value of these Japanese assets to expand the space industry’ scope in Japan and around the world.