HOUSTON (NASA PR) — Two NASA astronauts will exit the station’s Quest airlock in their U.S. spacesuits on Sunday at 7:50 a.m. EDT for a six-and-half hour spacewalk. Veteran spacewalkers Christina Koch and Andrew Morgan will begin the work to install new lithium-ion batteries on the Port-6 truss structure.
This will be the first of five spacewalks in October to upgrade station power systems. Televised spacewalk coverage begins Sunday at 6:30 a.m.
Watch the spacewalk preview briefing that was broadcast Friday on NASA TV.
Upcoming spacewalk assignments:
- Oct. 5: Christina Koch and Andrew Morgan
- Oct. 11: Andrew Morgan and Christina Koch
- Oct. 16: Andrew Morgan and Jessica Meir
- Oct. 21: Christina Koch and Jessica Meir
- Oct. 25: Jessica Meir and Luca Parmitano
- Oct. 31: Oleg Skripochka and Alexander Skvortsov
Five more spacewalks are planned in November and December aimed at repairing the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer.