ARLINGTON, Va. (ZERO-G PR) – 2019 marks a historic year for the country’s first weightless flight company,Zero Gravity Corporation (ZERO-G), as they celebrate 15 years of offering extraordinary experiences. As the company looks forward toward a path of exploration, they celebrate a history that is marked with incredible milestones and unforgettable airborne memories.
Since operating its first commercial flight in 2004, ZERO-G has provided more than 17,000 flyers the opportunity to feel true weightlessness over the course of 670 parabolic flights. Providing incredible flight opportunities across the country, 27 cities have hosted ZERO-G takeoffs. The company has also conducted 211 research missions – 181 of those for NASA as well as 30 ZERO-G Weightless Lab flights for non-NASA customers and their research projects, using ZERO-G’s one-of-a-kind aircraft to discover invaluable information for advancing national and international space programs.
Monumental Moments and Familiar Faces
ZERO-G has led the charge in providing unprecedented weightless experiences for consumers, research teams and brands of all kinds. Its specialized aircraft offers an exclusive opportunity to test the limits of gravity while breaking barriers and records along the way:
- 2004 – ZERO-G takes off for the very first time, marking a new age in commercial space experiences
- 2008 – ZERO-G wins NASA Reduced Gravity Office contract to fly NASA research from Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX
- 2009 – Perfecting the science of falling (or floating) in love, ZERO-G performed the world’s first weightless wedding
- 2009 – Extreme sports legend Rob Dyrdek partners with DC Shoes to film a brand-launch on board G-FORCE ONE, making Dyrdek the first person to skateboard in zero gravity
- 2010 – ZERO-G offers the world’s first and only commercial research flight program from Titusville, Florida
- 2012 – International alcohol brand, Stoli, partners with ZERO-G to mix the world’s first gravity-free cocktail
- 2016 – Tequila-flavored beer brand, Desperados, took to the skies above Las Vegas to host the world’s first weightless night club with DJ Mike Cervello
Over the years, ZERO-G has hosted an impressive collection of recognizable names, including famed physicist, cosmologist and author Stephen Hawking. Other notable passengers include Buzz Aldrin, Peter Jackson, George Takei, Justin Bieber, Kate Upton, Martha Stewart, The Osbournes and Ashton Kutcher, amongst others.
Fusing pop culture and popular science, ZERO-G has been featured on hit television shows including Big Bang Theory, Good Morning America, The Biggest Loser, The Apprentice, The Bachelor and more.
Providing a unique space to produce one-of-a-kind weightless conditions, ZERO-G has worked with an exciting list of the country’s top research groups including teams at Harvard, MIT and Johns Hopkins. They’ve helped drive advances in a variety of industries, even working with Australian beer brand 4 Pines Brewing Company to develop Vostok Space Beer, the world’s first beer bottled and manufactured specially for consumption in the cosmos.
In support of current efforts to return to the moon’s surface, ZERO-G will be offering specialized research flights with a primary focus on lunar parabolas throughout 2020. ZERO-G Coaches and Flight Attendants have an advanced understanding of experimental procedures and education in several scientific sectors including materials sciences, advanced physics, chemistry, structural engineering, biology and more.
For ticket and flight information, please visit. www.gozerog.com.
Zero Gravity Corporation is a privately held space entertainment and tourism company whose mission is to make the excitement and adventure of space accessible to the public. ZERO-G is the first and only FAA-approved provider of weightless flight in the U.S. for the general public; entertainment and film industries; corporate and incentive markets; non-profit research and education sectors; and the government. ZERO-G’s attention to detail, excellent service and quality of experience combined with its exciting history has set the foundation for the most exhilarating adventure-based tourism. For more information about ZERO-G, please visit www.gozerog.com.