I’m writing a multi-part series on the safety of aviation and spaceflight. I’m looking at how early aviation was regulated, similarities and differences in the way government and industry are approaching commercial spaceflight regulations, and related topics.
The series has been a bit free form in structure; I initially planned three stories, but the series has since grown to at least six pieces. I could end up adding additional ones as I go along. Below is a list of the stories thus far; I will update it as I post more.
- Part 1: A Closer Look at Early Aviation & Regulation http://www.parabolicarc.com/2016/03/03/early-aviation-safety/
- Part 2: Early Aviation & the Safety of Space Tourism http://www.parabolicarc.com/2016/03/09/early-aviation-safety-space-tourism/
- Part 3: Prizes, Technology and Safety http://www.parabolicarc.com/2016/03/14/prizes-technology-safety/
- Part 4: Commercial Human Spaceflight Industry Lightly Regulated http://www.parabolicarc.com/2016/03/15/commercial-human-spaceflight-industry-lightly-regulated/
- Part 5: So Exactly How Safe Will SpaceShipTwo Be? http://www.parabolicarc.com/2016/03/17/exacly-safe-spaceshiptwo/