LOS ANGELES (LA COUNTY AIR SHOW PR) — The Los Angeles County Air Show, powered by Lockheed Martin, today announced additional gravity-defying performers that will take your breath away! Fans won’t want to miss the U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, scheduled for March 19-20, 2016, at William J. Fox Airport, along with jaw-dropping excitement of jets, gravity-defying aerobatic performers, wing-walking, historic aircraft, a tribute to Pearl Harbor featuring the Commemorative Air Force’s Tora! Tora! Tora! and Texas Flying Legends Museum, a Wall of Fire that will knock your socks off and so much more.
“We have an epic line up of performers planned for the 2016 Air Show,” said Dennis Dunbar, executive director of the Los Angeles County Air Show. “We are bringing some of the best aerobatic performers and wing-walkers from around the country to the Aerospace Valley along with warbirds, military aircraft, pyrotechnics and so much more!”
- Skip Stewart Airshows – Skip’s high-flying aerobatic performance would not be complete without his modified Pitts S2C, PROMETHEUS. The aircraft brings the flaming fury of Skip’s gyroscopic and brain-melting maneuvers to life. Skip and PROMETHEUS will tear through a high alpha pass on takeoff, and proceed to demonstrate jaw-dropping maneuvers merely feet off the ground. Skip is also the recipient of the prestigious 2015 Art Scholl Showmanship Award, selected by the International Council of Air Shows (ICAS).
- Melissa Pemberton of Pemberton Aerosports – Melissa’s aerobatic routine combines high-performance aerobatics with thrilling gyroscope maneuvers – skills learned from years of practice, mentorship and World Level competition. The routine finishes with an exciting Inverted Ribbon Cutting sequence, only 23 feet above the ground!
- Shockwave Jet Truck – Get ready Los Angeles County for the reigning Guinness World Records speed holder for fastest jet truck, SHOCKWAVE! Owned and operated by father and son team, Neal and Chris Darnell of Darnell Racing Enterprises, Shockwave is a triple jet engine Peterbilt Semi, boasting 36,000 horsepower and a top speed of 376 MPH.
- Tinstix – Combining the talents of Skip Stewart, Melissa Pemberton and Shockwave Jet Truck, fans won’t know where to look first! Watch keenly for a battle that takes place both in the sky and on the ground between two aircraft and the jet truck, resulting in a head-to-head race that will have you begging for more!
- Kent Pietsch Airshows – During Kent’s performance, fans are treated to three separate routines with comedic narration. A fan favorite, Kent performs a dead-stick routine in which he turns off the engine from 6,000 feet above the ground and free falls towards the tarmac with a rooftop landing on a moving RV, a comedy act featuring a detached aileron, otherwise known as the wing flap, and a mesmerizing wingtip-scraping pass down the runway.
- Third Strike Wing-Walking – The action-packed Third Strike performance will not only demonstrate the team’s original wing-walking routine, but will be followed by the industry’s only dual wing-walking act featuring two stunt-women traveling atop a vintage Stearman bi-plane! The performance concludes with a Stearman solo performance that is just as entertaining as it is impressive.
For a complete list of performers please visit http://www.lacountyairshow.com/performersdisplays/in-the-sky/.
The Show will also focus on the innovative aircraft whose roots are tied to the Aerospace Valley. On the ground, spectators will be able to explore static aircraft displays, interact with pilots and crewmembers, and experience attractions and educational exhibits designed to promote science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Tickets are on sale now! General Admission tickets are now available online and can be easily purchased via the Air Show website. Buy your tickets before midnight (PT) on March 18th to receive 20% off gate General Admission ticket prices.
The Air Show website will be updated regularly with news, attraction information and more. Fans are invited to follow the Air Show on Facebook and Twitter (@LACountyAirShow). Sponsorship information can be found here.
Thank you to the following sponsors for their support of the 2016 Air Show: Lockheed Martin (Title Sponsor), Northrop Grumman, Southern California Toyota Dealers, Sierra Toyota, County of Los Angeles, Learn for Life, IBEW, Antelope Valley Transportation Association, City of Lancaster and Destination Lancaster.
About Los Angeles County Air Show
The Los Angeles County Air Show, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation dedicated to promoting the importance of aviation for continued economic growth, inspiration and educational opportunities for our youth, and enhancing awareness for the service and sacrifice of our military men and women. The mission of the Air Show will, in part, be accomplished by giving back to the needs of the community through a regional scholarship program for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in the areas of science, technology, engineering, math or aerospace. For more information about the Los Angeles County Air Show, please visit www.lacountyairshow.com.