Uwingu’s Board of Advisers consists of talented and influential thinkers in astronomy and planetary science, marketing/branding/promotion, and business. The Board includes:
- Mr. Michael Aisner, promoter and marketing expert; former PR Director of the Coors Classic bicycle race.
- Ms. Cassie Kloberdanz, aerospace business development expert, formerly in media and public relations at SpaceX.
- Dr. Richard Fienberg, press officer of the American Astronomical Society and the former editor of Sky & Telescope magazine.
- Dr. Louis Friedman, co-founder and former executive director of The Planetary Society.
- Dr. Pamela Gay, astrophysicist and citizen science expert.
- Mr. Stephen Goldman, computer industry entrepreneur and physicist.
- Dr. David Grinspoon, award winning author and planetary scientist, and Fellow of the Library of Congress.
- Mr. Jon Lomberg, renowned space artist.
- Dr. Geoff Marcy, astrophysicist and pioneering exoplanet hunter.
- Mr. George Merlis, communications expert, adviser to NASA, and former producer of Good Morning America (GMA) on ABC television.
- Dr. Cathy Olkin, planetary astronomer.
- Dr. Phil Plait, astronomer and influential space blogger.
- Mr. Rick Rasansky, serial entrepreneur and Internet CEO.
- Dr. Robert Richards, co-founder and CEO of Moon Express.
- Dr. Teresa Segura, planetary scientist and business development expert.
Uwingu’s CEO Dr. Alan Stern reflected on this group as follows, “We are very proud of this advisory board. And we are looking forward to their counsel and assistance as we create a private sector fund for space research, education, and exploration through the sales of novel space and astronomy projects that help the people of Earth better connect to space and the sky.“
About Uwingu: Uwingu allows the worldwide public to suggest names for planets around other stars into a database that astronomers and others can select from. Much of the proceeds from these name nominations will be used generate a source of grants to fund space exploration, research, and education—called The Uwingu Fund. Uwingu (which means “sky” in Swahili, and is pronounced “oo-wing-oo”) was formed by a team of leading astronomers, planetary scientists, former space program executives, and educators. . In September, Uwingu successfully concluded one of the 25 largest Indiegogo crowd-funding campaigns ever to launch an ongoing series of public engagement projects. Visit Uwingu’s web site at http://www.uwingu.com to learn more.
For more information, contact Dr. Alan Stern at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 970-281-SKY1. Follow Uwingu on Twitter at UwinguSky; and friend Uwingu on Facebook.