The picture above shows the Mojave Air and Space Port’s boneyard, a large aircraft recycling facility located north of the spaceport’s three runways. It’s an impressive sight for anyone who visits the airport and looks out at the 747s and other large aircraft sitting in various states of dis-assembly. Yet, it’s even more interesting in this overhead view, which shows just how many aircraft are actually out there. This is something that is impossible to see with a ground level view.
Mojave Boneyard Quiz
So, my eagle eye readers, test your Mojave trivia mettle by answering the following questions:
- Just how many aircraft are in this picture?
- An aircraft procured from this boneyard was used in which popular television series?
- What model of aircraft was it?
- What was the name of the airline in the TV series?
- During a severe windstorm earlier this year, a plane with no engines attempted to “take off” from the boneyard. What model of plane was it?
- Which company’s name was on the plane?
- What did the company do after the video of the plane appeared online?
- Which Christmas holiday film classic was shot in Mojave?
- The boneyard holds a scale model used in a Kevin Costner movie. What is it a model of?
- Name the movie it used in.
- Who played Costner’s nemesis in the film?
- Extra Credit: Where in the picture is the scale model located?