RIA Novosti has the latest on the Russian Proton failure:
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said on Thursday he will name officials responsible for Monday’s failed satellite launch next week.
“I would like to hold a meeting on this next week. It will be prepared by the appropriate deputy prime minister and structures. They are tasked with reporting who should be punished and what to do next,” Medvedev told a government meeting in Moscow.
He also said Russia’s space failures “could not be tolerated anymore.”
“I don’t know what the cause of the failures is – be it a [faulty] upper stage, mechanical damage, elementary slackness… but this could not be tolerated anymore,” a visibly angered Medvedev said.
Naming and shaming, huh? We’ll, that ought to do it. It certainly worked last year. They went a whole seven months without a launch failure. Maybe this time, they can go for eight.
While we wait for Medvedev to work his magic, enjoy this song from The Who.