Agenda of the meeting included the questions:
- The results of space activities in 2011, the task of the Federal Space Agency in 2012.
- Consideration of the materials of the project “Development Strategy of the Russian space industry for the period up to 2030”
The meeting was attended by Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, the representatives of the Russian Presidential Administration and the Russian Government, ministries and agencies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, a number of universities, heads of enterprises of the Russian space industry.
A report on the first issue was made by Popovkin.
The head of the agency carefully considered the results of the implementation of space programs in 2011 and prospects for development of space activities, noting that “last year in the Russian space program has been full of events, among which are the both the achievements and failures. This has left not only a special responsibility for the implementation of space programs, but also ‘secured’ at all levels, without exception, pay close attention to our activities. “
During the past year achieved a 35 carrier rockets, launched 60 satellites, including the 6 navigation system GLONASS. In addition, successfully carried out work on the 11 launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles, land-and sea-launched in the interest of the Russian Defense Ministry.
Fully complied with the job the state defense order for the liquidation and disposal of strategic weapons.
With the participation of Russia have been successfully implemented in the interests of foreign countries launch two rockets “Soyuz-ST-A” from the spaceport in Kourou (8 satellites) and a launch from Sea Launch launch vehicle “Zenit” (1 SC).
The share of Russia’s leading space-faring nations of the world in providing launch services remains high: more than 40% of carrier rockets, carried out in the world in 2011.
Communicated to the staff of the spacecraft used in the 24 GLONASS orbital constellation, and a further four satellites are in orbit, and a reserve is undergoing flight tests.
Russia fully complied with international obligations under the transportation and technical support of the International Space Station (ISS). In accordance with the flight program, the station holds eight successful launches of Russian cargo ships transport a series of “Progress M-M” and manned transport spacecraft series ” oyuz-TMA “,” Soyuz-TMA-M.” Secured control of the ISS Russian segment of the program the main ISS-26, 27, 28, 29, 30.
The main results of 2011 in the field of space communications, broadcasting and retransmission, in the first place, should include the beginning of the deployment of multifunctional space system relaying “Ray” after the successful launch of the December 11 of the first satellite relay systems – SC “Luch-5A.”
Since its launch in addition to the previously running on a low sun-synchronous orbit satellite “Meteor-M» № 1, Russia began to form the constellation of spacecraft hydrometeorological applications.
In November 2011 the space telescope (MCT), SC “Spektr-R” has successfully conducted the first interferometric observations of astrophysical sources in the set of all wavelengths. Together with CMT involve Russian and foreign ground radio telescopes. Data from ground-based telescopes and with the CDT transferred to the center of scientific information ASC FIAN, where they held a successful treatment, confirmed the efficiency of ground-space interferometer.
In order to meet the needs of the state has successfully displayed on the working of the orbit 17 satellites. The total number of satellites used for the intended purpose for the public use in the satellite constellation is 53.
In his report, V.A.Popovkin focused on the challenges facing the Federal Space Agency in 2012, stressing that “despite some setbacks, not allowed to implement all planned our plans, rocket and space industry in 2011 provided the performance of the Russian Federation all accepted its international obligations, maintained a high intensity of use of domestic launch vehicles and has not lost the pace to achieve the indicators of development. “
One of the major challenges facing the Russian Space Agency in 2012, is a continuation of the subroutine provides a spaceport infrastructure “East.” According V.A. Popovkin, “this year for East – defines the need to carry out all the rough work, or to launch in 2015 will not work.”
In his speech, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said that “attention to space, the space industry is the main trends in the activities of the Government,” and also noted “the need to strengthen the coordinating role of the Russian Space Agency in the aerospace industry “.
During the meeting, presentations were also made by the leaders of the rocket and space enterprises.
On the second item on the agenda – Project “Development Strategy of the Russian space for a period up to 2030” was presented by State Secretary – Deputy Head of Federal Space Agency V.A. Davydov, who noted that “developed by the project submitted to the Government of the Russian Federation. Federal Space Agency is ready to discuss it with all concerned ministries, departments and organizations. “
Having heard and discussed reports of the speakers, the Board decided as a goal in 2012 to establish the implementation of federal programs, state customer which is the Federal Space Agency, by improving the design and production organizations of missile and space industry and increase its availability to the creation of rocket and Space current level.
To achieve this goal of the Federal Space Agency, together with the management of research organizations and enterprises of space industry to ensure the implementation of tasks relating to:
- development and implementation of software to create the foundations of space-rocket technology and the development of space activities;
- development of the orbital constellation of scientific and socio-economic purposes;
- further implementation of the program of manned space flight;
- development and production of launch vehicles space vehicles;
- development and capacity building of the GLONASS system;
- development of space infrastructure;
- improve training and readiness of control rocket and space technology for use;
- enhance international cooperation in space activities;
- improvement of production technology and human resource capacities of rocket-space industry;
- of organizational and structural changes of space-rocket industry.
The priorities of the Federal Space Agency and the governing institutions of the rocket and space industry in 2012 should be the following:
- implementation of the plan of launching space vehicles in conjunction with the implementation of effective measures to ensure the regular operation of launch vehicles and orbiting space vehicles;
- unconditional fulfillment of state defense order to build the rocket and space technology;
- enforcement of rocket-space industry jobs the State Armaments Program for 2011-2020;
- measures to enhance the sustainability of the orbital space of the GLONASS system, improving its functionality and expand the application fields;
- implementation of additional measures to improve the reliability of the rocket and space technology, improving the organization of training and supervision of readiness for use;
- in the field of international cooperation in space activities implementation of practical measures to ensure the expansion and consolidation of Russia’s participation in the global market for space goods and services;
- improving the efficiency of agency organization design, production and use of rocket and space technology.