Astronauts4Hire Press Release
Astronauts4Hire announced today that it has selected six new members, bringing the total number of commercial astronaut candidates in the organization to seventeen. The new Astronauts4Hire recruits bring a great depth of experience to the initiative to develop a pool of qualified commercial astronauts. Many of them are private pilots with a long resume of experience working in the aerospace industry and have extensive experience working in microgravity aboard parabolic flights. One new member is a professional triathlete and author of several books on the topic of astronaut training.
The new Astronauts4Hire are:
- Ben Corbin â€“ Ph.D. Student, MIT
- JosÃ© Miguel Hurtado, Jr. â€“ Associate Professor, University of Texas at El Paso
- Jason Reimuller â€“ Ph.D. Candidate, University of Colorado
- Todd Romberger â€“ Mechanical Engineer, ASRC Aerospace
- Erik Seedhouse â€“ Consultant, Author, and Athlete
- Alli Taylor â€“ Satellite Systems Engineer, Lockheed Martin
Astronauts4Hire is a Florida non-profit organization whose mission is to increase the competitiveness of commercial astronaut candidates by providing skills training, facilitating forums for candidate communication, engaging with potential employers, and inspiring the next generation. The organization is in the process of developing a pool of highly qualified and well-trained commercial astronauts to serve the emerging suborbital, and eventually orbital science industry.