Space.com has a story on President Barack Obama’s plans for NASA. The space agency’s budget would rise by $6 million over the next five years (from $94 to $100 million). The plan:
- Cancels the Ares 1 rocket;
- Retires the space shuttle after five more flights with no extension;
- Abandons plans to return humans to the moon by 2020;
- Extends space station operations from 2015 to 2020;
- Funds a major effort to develop commercial crew capability to Earth orbit;
- Aims to transform the Kennedy Space Center into a major commercial launch facility.
Read the full story.