X PRIZE PRESS RELEASE
The X PRIZE Foundation, with its partners BT Global Services, John Templeton Foundation and the United Nations Office for Partnerships, will host a groundbreaking incentive2innovate conference (i2i) for senior-level executives, June 8-9 at the United Nations in New York.
i2i will provide an intimate forum for attendees to collaborate with extraordinary business leaders on initiatives to make an immediate impact on innovation, operations and revenue generation within their respective organizations.
Innovators will include Dr. Peter H. Diamandis, chairman and CEO, The X PRIZE Foundation; Arianna Huffington, co-founder and editor-in-chief, Huffington Post; Don Tapscott, author of Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything and Grown Up Digital: How the Net Generation is Changing the World; and many more.
The i2i experience goes beyond simply listening to speakers. Through a highly collaborative format, i2i will connect attendees with peers, business leaders and industry experts to brainstorm relevant solutions for their companiesâ€™ most pressing business issues. i2i will provide attendees with the following:
- Practical methods to create a culture of innovation through collaboration
- Concrete ways to leverage limited resources to innovate through incentivized competition
- Proven applications that will help drive innovation and improve bottom-line performance
Conference attendees will also have the opportunity to engage with Thomas Kalil, deputy director, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Obama Administration; Reid Hoffman, chairman and CEO, LinkedIn; Dean Kamen, founder, FIRST, and president, DEKA Research and Development Corporation; Dwayne Spradlin, president and CEO, Innocentive; Matthew Bishop, chief business writer/US business editor, The Economist; Paul Jansen, partner at McKinsey and Company; J. Craig Venter, Ph.D., founder and president of J. Craig Venture Institute and J. Craig Venter Science Foundation; and Charles L. Harper, Jr. D.Phil, senior vice president and chief strategist of John Templeton Foundation, among many others.
i2i will feature working sessions and keynote addresses focused on the following topics:
- Open Collaboration: Leverage investments by recruiting the worldâ€™s best talent to solve challenges
- Incentivized Competition: Design incentive prizes and only pay for the results you need
- Health Care: Use open collaboration and incentivized competition to drive healthcare innovations for individual companies and the industry overall
- Energy and Environment: Learn from the leaders who are using open-source innovation and competition to lead the green revolution
- Power of Politics and Prizes: Understand the governmentâ€™s current and future use of prizes as a tool to solve major problems within our communities and across borders
- Global Development: Collaborate on a new approach to create sustainable economies for the developing world
- Open Innovation Culture: Radically change corporate culture; embed innovation in your daily operations and unlock your employeesâ€™ hidden talent
â€œWeâ€™ve assembled a dynamic group of visionaries for i2i who are enacting change and making a positive impact on business that will drive this economy out of the recession and into the future,â€ said Dr. Diamandis. â€œWith the support of our partners, the Foundation has pioneered the concept of innovation through incentivized competition and open collaboration. During i2i, we will share these tools, and show their potential to create revolutionary solutions and drive sustainable economic growth for attendeesâ€™ businesses.â€