The newly formed Space Systems business area of Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) will debut at the National Space Symposium in Colorado Springs March 30th. The Space Systems business area was established in 2009 through the merger of SNC subsidiary, MicroSat Systems, and SpaceDev, which was acquired by SNC in late 2008.
MicroSat Systems and SpaceDev have a combined twenty year history in space, providing hardware for over 300 Earth orbiting and interplanetary missions.
The leadership of the new Space Systems business area includes:
- former Space Dev Chairman & CEO Mark Sirangelo serving as Corporate Vice President over the organization;
- John Roth, former President of MicroSat Systems as Vice President of Business Development;
- Jeff Summers, former MicroSat Chief Technical Officer as Vice President of Technology; and
- Chief Operating Officer of Sierra Nevada Corporation, Jerry Harvey, also serving as Vice President of Programs for Space Systems.
SNC Space Systems designs and manufactures satellites, spacecraft subsystems and components, and rocket propulsion systems for defense, civil government, corporate and international customers. They also provide customers with innovative, responsive, and cost effective design options for power systems, advanced miniaturized avionics, lightweight composite structures, and human spacecraft systems.
The new organization has a workforce of over 250 employees in its 4 major locations:
- Littleton, Colorado: Small satellite design and development
- Louisville, Colorado: Spacecraft mechanical subsystems, components, deployable structures, and satellite manufacturing
- Durham, North Carolina: Spacecraft electro-mechanical components, motors and actuators
- Poway, California: Hybrid propulsion and small satellites.
SNC will exhibit at the National Space Symposium to show the combined capabilities of the new space business area and plans to host numerous customer meetings and press events.