Imaginova Corp. and Esther Dyson of EDventure announced today that they will jointly present Flight School 2008: Where the Rubber Meets the Clouds. The intensive three-day workshop allows participants to identify and address the major challenges facing entrepreneurs in private aviation and commercial space. Flight School 2008 will take place June 4 to 6 at the St. Julien Hotel in Boulder, Colorado.
Flight School 2008 participants will include entrepreneurs, marketers, equipment manufacturers, aircraft and facilities operators as well as analysts, investors and regulators. They will come together to share experiences, refine strategies and better understand each other’s common pursuits and competitive positions.
“Personal spaceflight and private aviation start-ups are transforming the establishment in an exciting way,” said Dyson, creator of the Flight School workshops, chairman of EDventure and former host of PC Forum. “Years ago, I watched the Internet and the PC transform information technology from a world of scientists and government-funded high priests into a vibrant, innovative sector of commercially energized and fearless start-ups who have changed the world. Flight School 2008 is assembling the pioneers who will lead a similar transformation in air and space.”
Planned discussion topics for Flight School 2008 include:
- The air traffic control challenge: Growing up around an old model
- Air taxis: What have we learned so far?
- Air charter economics: Can they last?
- Safety, reliability and innovation
- Environmental issues: Facing the facts
- Finance: Where the money meets the clouds
- Insurance and legal issues
- Sizing the commercial space market
- The aftermarket: Hotels, tours and training